Wednesday 8 March 2017

Meal Prep




“FAILING TO PREPARE IS PREPARING TO FAIL”



From experience I have found this saying to be so true.  Sometimes my day can be so hectic and if my meals are not prepared and waiting in advance I notice that I tend to grab the easiest thing in sight.  For example, chips, pizza, burgers, cookies you name it.



Therefore to ensure that I adhere to my routine and consume appropriate foods meal prepping is critical.
  
Picture of Prep Bowls





PLANNING AND TIME

·         Investing in some good containers and Ziploc bags to prep for the week.

·         Search for healthy recipes that can be easily put together and stored in the refrigerator.

·         Prepare a weekly grocery and market list.  Do shopping on a Saturday and before I pack items away I spend a few hours cutting veges, seasoning meats and placing in portions for easy cooking.



COOKING

·         Once everything has been prepped and portioned it’s easier to cook during the week.



            ------------Below is a sample of a meal plan that I tend to use often--------------



BREAKFAST

  • 3 egg whites, mushrooms, sweet peppers, spinach and Parmesan cheese.
  • Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Add salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder.
  • Spray frying pan with PAM and when hot toss in all ingredients.
Breakfast
  • I usually incorporate cinnamon apple tea, masala chai or mint tea.


MID MORNING SNACK

-          1 apple with Greek yogurt and blueberries.

Mid-morning Snack

 
 
LUNCH

  • Baked turkey breast
  • Salad comprising of cucumbers, beetroots, channa and quinoa.
Lunch


AFTERNOON SNACK
  •  Protein Shake made with spinach and pineapples.
Afternoon Snack


DINNER

  • Sardine salad 
Dinner


It takes about three weeks to develop a habit and I have noticed that after 1 month of doing this meal prepping has really helped me with sticking to my diet plan.





REMEMBER to treat yourself one day every week…………..my cheat day is Friday on my way home I usually sit in the ice cream shop and have 2 scoops of yummy chocolate ice cream




Feel free to let me know what’s your meal planning routine whether you have one or do you just wing it.

I look forward to your feedback.

6 comments:

  1. It sure is.....this is my greatest challenge....I love junk food....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the meal plan. After seeing this blog, I am even more motivated to get in shape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tmera I'm so happy that my blog has motivated you....it's tough but so worth it to get fit.

      Delete
  3. Hi Nicole
    Do remember to include your 5 a day in your eating plan. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the continuous support.....I'll work on posting a 5 day meal plan before the end of next week

    ReplyDelete