Monday 13 March 2017

THE ELLIPTICAL


MORE INTERVALS……………………………………………….💪💪💪

My trainer insisted that I add a fourth day dedicated to cardio only.....so I arrived in the gym today thinking no weights yes😀today will be a light training day.

Then  my trainer slapped on intervals. I thought to myself I can do this then he said 40 minutes on the treadmill.........😨.

I made it just as I thought I was done BAM!!!! he hits me with the elliptical……why this machine I really don’t like it…...and 20 minutes I'm gonna die today.

He then explained that the elliptical: 
  1.  Can really get your heart pumping thereby increasing your aerobic capacity.
  2.  It works your upper body as well.  That is legs, chest, shoulders, back and arms.
  3.  It's easy on the knees because it's low impact.
  4.  You can burn up to 400 calories in just 30 minutes.


Me on the elliptical

The 1st 3 minutes was pressure 😬 but I turned up the volume on my MP3 player and dug in as my trainer passed to check in on me he said, "try and keep the speed over 4.0".  Every minute that passed I kept saying to myself 1 more minute 😣😣.  After 20 minutes I jumped off the machine I had made it to the end😤.......

Have you ever tried this machine, do you feel challenged by it?


6 comments:

  1. My trainer had me use the elliptical for warm up....just like you, I drowned myself in music and focused on one minute at a time....good burn....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa I'm yet to try this machine again however, the burn was fabulous.....I had to dig in deep mentally to ensure that I finished.

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicole
    Well done, I am going thinking strongly of joining the gym.If I can loose so much calories in 30 minutes, then it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should I think of it as an investment in myself....lol This machine is great if you really want to get that burn.

      Delete
  3. That machine is pressure. i have rel respect for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlfriend tell me about it.....every time I go on it I have to say a prayer...lol

      Delete