Saturday 11 March 2017

MUSIC AND EXERCISE

Studies have shown that music distracts Athletes from “bodily awareness” so that they fully engage in training and find joy in the process.  Additionally, it should be noted that when used during activity music has ergogenic (work enhancing) and physiological effects.  It can delay fatigue and lessen subjective perception pf fatigue.  Numerous studies have shown that the use of music during exercise is directly related to improvement in endurance.





5 REASONS I ENJOY LISTENING TO MUSIC WHILE WORKING OUT:-

  • It’s a source of good distraction.
  • Pushes me to increase my performance that is, dig in just a bit deeper.
  • Puts me in the frame of mind to work out/ work out zone.
  • A good beat helps me to keep a pace.
  •  It can change my mood especially if I am not feeling to work out.


How does music improve your work out or do you prefer to work out in silence?





My gadget of choice to store music for work out sessions is the SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Plus.


SanDisk Clip Sport MP3 Plus


This nifty, compact device is:

  •  Durable and water resistant which makes it ideal outdoor training on rainy days. 
  • 16GB which means that it can store approximately 4,000 songs.
  •  Light weight and has a clip on design and 
  •  It has an internal battery charge which provides 20 hours of play back so the music is guaranteed to play for your entire work out session.
It      


One of my favourite go to Artiste with respect to work out music is Machel Montano his high energy songs keep me pumped………..I absolutely loved his 2017 song Fast Wine……..










2 comments:

  1. I need music to exercise..... it's motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is.....it makes you forget everything that's happening around you.

    ReplyDelete